Technology Commercialization Services (“TCS”) is the University of Connecticut’s technology transfer and venture development enterprise. Simply put, technology transfer is the attempt to translate academic ideas, methods, and results into real world applications, products, and services.
Our goals are to bring together UConn researchers and the business community in order to significantly enhance the commercial and societal impact of UConn’s research; identify and help move inventions by UConn faculty, staff and students towards the market through licensing or new company formation; secure patent protection for new technologies, where warranted by market forces; generate support for ongoing applied/ translational research projects including industry partnerships.
We encourage you to contact us to help with the following:
- evaluate and protect a UConn invention
- find proof of concept and/or startup funding at UConn, from the investment community, as well as state and private sources
- receive coaching and mentoring for your new venture
- start a company
- license a technology
- incubate your business at UConn
- access UConn programs supporting innovation and entrepreneurship.
We are here to help!
You can contact any of our team members by visiting the Contacts page.