Technology Commercialization Services (TCS) has an Invention Disclosure Form (Word document) to be completed as described in the following steps:
- Complete the Invention Disclosure Form (Word document).
- Submit the form to the TCS group by e-mailing the disclosure to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mailing a hard copy to:
Technology Commercialization Services
University of Connecticut MC6400
263 Farmington Avenue
Farmington, CT 06030-6400
*In all cases a hard copy of the original signature page must be submitted.
- Upon receipt, the Invention Disclosure will be assigned a case number for tracking purposes and an acknowledgement will be sent to you via email.
- You can expect to be contacted by the Licensing Director assigned to your invention disclosure within a few weeks after the submission.
- The Licensing Director will meet with you to learn more about your invention and begin to evaluate the technology for commercial potential.
- The invention will be presented to the TCS committee and will be considered for patenting based on technical merit, patentability, and marketability.
- You will be notified of the TCS committee’s assessment of the invention.