UConn researchers are global leaders in many fields of science and technology. As a source of innovation they are encouraged to share their knowledge and expertise through interactions with industry. Our faculty recognizes that firms in all sectors need to continuously innovate in order to address their need for new products and solutions that will allow them to compete in the global economy.
UConn can be a key research and development partner to industry and provides multiple partnership options. Industry and faculty can work together through:
- Innovative industry-sponsored research projects that carry out a scope of work which is jointly defined based on the interests of the industry partner
- Fee for services arrangements where in certain cases faculty and students can test materials or validate data to help prove out concepts developed by a partner
- Consulting arrangements directly with faculty allowing them to apply their vast knowledge by advising on specific issues of interest to industry
- Technology transfer opportunities which may include both a technology license from UConn and the inventor’s support to continue development or ensure successful implementation on an invention
- Joint grant proposals for SBIR /STTR projects and other government funded research programs.
Contracts, nondisclosure agreements and material transfer agreements may be necessary to solidify such arrangements.
Contact Technology Commercialization Services (TCS) to learn more about how you can work with UConn faculty: