When SPS has set up a new award account, the PI and department will receive an email with the account number and Consultant(s) named on the project. The department will then follow these instructions:
1. Submit a requisition in KFS.
a. If the vendor (consultant) is not available in KFS, obtain a Form W-9 from the vendor and create the new vendor through KFS before submitting the requisition.
b. Use Commodity Code 133 (Consulting Services – Grant Funded); Object Code 6638 for services provided and 7650 for Consultant travel.
c. Enter the hourly rate or cost breakdown in the Description field.
2. Complete and obtain the PI’s signature on the Hiring of a Consultant Form.
3. After submitting the requisition, the PI or department will email the following to email@example.com with the Consultant name and KFS number in the subject line:
a. Description of Services
b. Hiring of a Consultant Form
c. Consultant contact information (name and e-mail)
4. SPS will complete the Consulting Agreement based on the information provided in step 3; the completed agreement will be sent to the PI and department for review and approval prior to it going out to the consultant for signature.
5. SPS will email the fully executed Consulting Agreement to the department and consultant.