- Significance/Clinical Impact (20%)
If successfully completed, indicate whether the research outcome would:
- Address a significant unmet clinical need
- Improve upon current standard of care
- Have a clear clinical development strategy
The clinical product would most likely be characterized as:
- A novel target or pathway
- A novel therapeutic agent
- An innovative approach to treating a rare disease
What is the status of Intellectual Property (IP) for this proposal?
- Patents already exist (issued patent)
- Patents have been filed (patent application)
- Invention disclosures submitted
- No IP activity yet
- Not very likely patentable
- If not patentable, is other proprietary protection possible?
- Is science based on solid principles?
- Is the research plan feasible?
- Is research plan/budget appropriate?
- Does the proposed research envision a commercial product?
- What is the expected timeframe for the product to reach the market (in years)?
- Does the proposed project have a positive outcome on the discovery or development of an innovative therapeutic for a rare disease?
If you have questions about this process, please contact Dr. Matt Mroz at email@example.com or 860-486-6378
The Alexion-UConn Rare Disease Innovation Fund will be administered through Internal Funding Programs and Technology Commercialization Services within the Office of the Vice President for Research.