If your LOI is approved by the review committee, you will be invited to submit a full proposal. Full Proposals (not to exceed 8 pages) should include:
Abstract (200 word limit. Please provide a brief description of the technology, medical need, and project goals)
- This will be posted on the OVPR website if the project is funded. Information cannot be confidential.
Project Summary (limit 1 page)
- Provide a brief, high-level description of the research/project. Include the significance and clinical impact. Describe the clinical need or problem to be solved, shortcoming of current solutions, expected outcomes of the proposed project, and how these outcomes will add value to the technology. Explain the novelty of the idea. Identify the next steps toward commercialization and the commercial potential.
Project Plan and Milestones (limit 2 pages)
- Describe in detail the proposed project (strategy, key experiments, and goals), the feasibility of the project, as well as preliminary studies and results. Include a timetable with commercially driven milestones that could be used to evaluate progress throughout the project, as well as anticipated results for each milestone. Explain how meeting each milestone will move the project toward the commercialization goals. Emphasize the novelty and risks associated with the project.
Commercialization Potential (limit 1 page)
- List all commercial uses for your technology and the potential advantages over existing products. Indicate the novelty of the idea. Provide information on the potential impact of your technology on the standard of care and industry norms (identify end user, barriers for adoption, payor and billing codes, regulatory issues, etc.). Provide information on potential partners for commercialization (established company vs. startup).
Budget Summary (limit 1 page)
- Provide a detailed budget for the work proposed herein.
Intellectual Property (limit ½ page)
- Describe the intellectual property. List any patent applications or issued patents you may have on this project.
The Team (limit 1 page)
- Provide a short bio for the Principal Innovator and a list of all co-innovators who will contribute to the project. Please indicate who will be responsible for the key tasks, reporting requirements and communicating with the staff from Technology Commercialization Services in the OVPR.
- Please list, but do not provide as pdf, 1-2 key publications that support your proposal.
Submission of Full Proposal: Please return the proposal (not to exceed 8 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 5, 2017 at 5:00 PM (updated deadline).
If you have questions about this process, please contact Dr. Matt Mroz at email@example.com or 860-486-6378
The Alexion-UConn Rare Disease Innovation Fund will be administered through Internal Funding Programs and Technology Commercialization Services within the Office of the Vice President for Research.