Office of the Vice President for Research
This temporary, part-time position within the Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) will work with the development and communications teams to create, manage and publicize content for new and existing websites, which are intended to provide an inviting and informative access point for external audiences interested in exploring and supporting research and/or technology commercialization at UConn and UConn Health. This will include feature stories about current research projects and initiatives, technologies and entrepreneurial ventures emanating from the university, as well as programmatic information.
The goal of this position is to work with the teams noted to showcase the unique areas of expertise, opportunity, and excellence at UConn and UConn Health related to research, innovation, entrepreneurship, scholarship and creative endeavors to create and/or curate dynamic, diverse, and updated content.
- Act as curator and editor for new and existing websites, with a primary focus on research and innovation activities; guiding content per goals of the overarching effort
- Identify faculty research programs that are likely to be of interest to external audiences, industry and funding organizations; draft abstracts to review with faculty and ultimately post to attract external interest
- Create and update content for technology transfer and technology incubation program, including summaries that provide a short distillation of selected IP, ventures and their value proposition
- Create and update content on programmatic opportunities that support use of UConn technology and innovation programs
- Create and update visual/graphical content across the websites as appropriate (e.g., edit and upload images for new stories/posts)
- Provide and update content relating to policies and documentation used to support customer needs
- Coordinate creation, review, and updating information from partner organizations
- Routinely review site for dated material, updating and removing as appropriate, e.g. confirm links work and send users to current material
- Review and edit direct submissions by faculty, UConn startups and others to ensure quality and consistency
- Create and update content on success stories associated with UConn research and innovation, specifically through the maintenance of News/Events pages and a social media presence (twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Interface closely with a team of software developers regarding new and existing websites (scope/design/features/functionalities/User Interface (UI)I/User Experience (UX)
- Create and continue ongoing social media campaigns to drive users to the web sites and may assist in organizing events promoting the research and innovation websites and their content
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field – or comparable combination of education and experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with faculty and teams
- Experience with use of social media platforms for professional endeavors
A student or recent graduate with the creative ability and interest in building a following for research and innovation efforts may be considered.
Salary rate will be commensurate with experience. This is a temporary, part-time, project-based position on special payroll with the potential to increase to full-time hours if needed during the duration of the project. Optional State employee health insurance may be available for purchase at group rates.
For consideration, please forward applications a letter of interest, resume, writing sample, and a list of three references to:
Laurie Pudlo, Administrative Manager
University of Connecticut
Office of the Vice President for Research
Storrs, CT 06269-1006
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.