Administrative Services Assistant III (UCP 4)
The Office of the Vice President for Research is seeking an administrative professional with experience in academic or scientific marketing, event planning and logistics to join our Technology Commercialization and Industry Relations team.
Under the direction of the Associate Vice President for Technology Commercialization and Industry Relations, the successful candidate will coordinate administrative activities to support the Technology Commercialization, Industry Relations, Venture Development and related initiatives of the Office of the Vice President for Research.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is responsible for coordinating technology commercialization and industry relations administrative activities, including reviewing and processing administrative paperwork, coordinating work flow and processes, recordkeeping and providing operational support.
- Assists in the planning, development, design and implementation of seminars, workshops and outreach activities for venture fundraising, funding competitions and other special events, and makes all necessary logistical arrangements, including agendas, itineraries, presenters, materials, travel, invitations, solicitations, marketing, media, space, other.
- Develops and assists with program promotion including creating publicity materials, internal and external communications, and advertising as needed.
- Performs research and creates summaries and informational reports.
- Responsible for making all necessary arrangements for meetings, conferences and travel; arranges for and implements, as directed, conferences, seminars, committee meetings, assisting as required.
- Serves as a resource and frequently communicates with other University offices, including faculty and external constituencies, to request or transmit information or to interpret/clarify policies and procedures.
- Maintains and monitors department/unit budget and records; monitors and approves routine expenditures, as delegated, processes fiscal paperwork; assists in resolving budget and other business problems related to program operations.
- As needed or assigned, may be responsible for special short term or ongoing projects that require planning, coordination and supervision.
- Monitors and may participate in the scheduling of activities for key personnel.
- Performs duties at both Storrs and UConn Health campuses.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent combination of education and experience with at least four years of experience in an administrative support position.
- At least Three years of recent relevant experience in marketing, technology commercialization, venture development, industry relations or comparable area.
- Comfort with learning about and promoting new technologies and entrepreneurial initiatives.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Demonstrated experience managing a complex calendar or schedule of activities.
- Demonstrated experience with event planning and management.
- Demonstrated experience developing program support materials.
- Level of comfort working with financial systems for monitoring and processing financial transactions.
- Ability to work at both Storrs and Farmington locations (position based in Storrs, with regular travel to Farmington).
- Experience in a marketing, academic investment, or scientific environment.
- Self-starter, with high level of confidence, energy and personal initiative.
- Application presented in a format that effectively demonstrates identified skills and qualifications.
Applications must be submitted through the UConn Jobs website at: http://hr.uconn.edu/jobs/, and should include a cover letter and resume demonstrating how the qualifications and requirements of the position are met, and contact information for three professional references.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
For confidential inquiries or additional information please contact:
Laurie Pudlo, MPS HRM
Office of the Vice President for Research
University of Connecticut
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on March 5, 2017.
The University of Connecticut is an EEO/AA employer. Search #2017401.